Large open floor plans are what buyers seek today, and a wall of sliding and folding patio doors help to create that connection of indoor to outdoor living that is so desirable. Retractable doors open to gardens and landscaping, a chance to get into the open air to recharge and relax. Now al fresco kitchens, fire pits, fireplaces, grills and heaters can be enjoyed as part of the daily living space.
Check out the accordion glass walls in several of the homes at the 2017 NW Natural Street of Dreams that bring beautiful natural light into the home, yet are efficient and functional. When natural light is increased, the home saves electrical energy and can lower energy bills. And most important, who doesn’t feel better when the sun is shining inside?
Today’s outdoor rooms extend the kitchen, dining and family rooms, and provide opportunities for socializing while connecting with nature.
Grilling with natural gas
Grilling is the centerpiece of entertaining in our summer and mild shoulder months. Guests are drawn to the tantalizing aromas and tastes of sizzling meats, fish, fruits and veggies from a natural gas grill.
Natural gas grills are the secret sauce of gourmet cooking. They offer:
- -Precision. Complete control of the flame, from low heat for slow smoking and grilling, to high heat for braising and searing.
- -Convenience. A flame at the touch of a button and you’ll never run out of fuel.
- -Savings. Today’s cost of natural gas is lower than it was fifteen years ago. Grilling with propane is about three times more expensive than natural gas.
Infrared technology comes to the backyard
Lower energy use and increase flavor by switching to the latest in outdoor cooking technology – infrared. A natural gas infrared grill heats the food and not the surrounding air. This intense heat sears the outside of food while locking the moisture and flavor inside. It cooks food faster, so energy is saved with no pre-heat and a shorter overall cook time. Infrared grilling provides the flavor of a hot charcoal fire with the control of a natural gas flame.
Expand Your Living Space Outside
Here are a few more natural gas fueled products to help customize any outdoor space for entertaining:
- Natural gas fireplaces are available in styles and sizes to fit almost any space. Surrounds for a fireplace include granite, tile, stone or other materials to match the desired style of the home.
- Natural gas fire pits. Few things compare to sitting around a campfire with friends and family. And nothing tastes better than a sweet and messy s’more. Fire pits can be built-in or portable and radiate heat in a complete circle.
- Natural gas patio heaters can extend your outdoor living season without the worries of running out of fuel. And they radiate heat 20 to 25 feet in all directions. There are many choices, including free-standing, or they can be mounted on posts, walls or ceilings.
- Gas convenience outlets allow for a safe, easy connect and disconnect of outside gas appliances so they can be stored when not in use. An automatic shut off valve prevents gas from flowing until the appliance is correctly connected again.
There are so many choices, from simple to high-tech, to help maximize the living space of a home. Check out all of the features outlined in this blog post at the 2017 NW Natural Street of Dreams.